Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette: A Review - July 10, 2013

Hello my fellow Fashionistas and Beauty Queens!  As you may know from a previous post of mine, I recently received the Naked Basics Palette by Urban Decay for my birthday.  I have always heard wonderful things about both the Original Naked Palette and the more recent Naked 2 Palette.  Of course, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about, but I had a hard time bringing myself to spend $50 on one eyeshadow palette (I know, I'm kinda cheap.)  The Naked Basics Palette was released more recently and I have heard amazing things about this product as well!  Luckily for me I was shopping at Ulta the other day, looking for my birthday gifts, when I saw this palette for $27, which I felt was more reasonable (even though my mom was paying for the presents.)  I figured that if I liked this one well enough I could potentially buy the other two Naked palettes eventually.  On the way up to the register I had about 3 people tell me how much they loved it, so I knew it was probably a safe purchase.  I have used this for a couple of weeks now, mostly for a neutral everyday look, and I have jumped on the Naked Palette train!  I love this product and it may just be my favorite makeup product I have ever owned! 
This is the initial packaging, it is nice and simple and pretty small.

On the back it shows all the colors included as well as a short description of the palette.
 
Again...the captions fail me.  Anyway the actual palette is a bit smaller than the box, but it will defiantly be great if you plan on traveling or just want to stick it in your purse for the day.

\
 As you can see, there are 6 colors: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame (abbreviated W.O.S), Naked 2, Faint, and Crave. (From left to right)
 I swatched a few shades for you to all see.  I have Crave, Faint, and Walk of Shame.  All are extremely pigmented and easy to apply.
 
 
Overall the only thing that I would have liked to see in this palette is possibly a small brush that would be useful for on-the-go application.  Other than that I really am enjoying this product and hopefully have helped one of you make up your mind on whether or not to purchase the Naked Basics Palette by Urban Decay!  Thanks for reading my lovelies! :)
 
XOXO
Sara
P.S Stay tuned for a tutorial on this everyday eye look using the Naked Basics Palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment